Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Languages of Anxiety

I am happy. My first show at an actual gallery, as opposed to clubs, cafes, bars, and restaurants, will be coming up next week, Wednesday September 9th from 6 - 9pm. It will be at Intersection for the Arts on 466 Valencia Street San Francisco in the mission district. It's been a tough journey to put up this show, having started preparation sometime back in March.

It is a group show and one of the hardest things about it is that every other participant is a girl. Working with 7 - 8 girls was quite a tribulation. During one of our weekly meetings, there was a 30 minute argument about whether to use a Yahoo! or Google platform for notes and calendar updates. Absurd. A lot of times I felt like I was watching feral cats bicker, scratching at each other's throats, but I am glad for the experience and much more glad that I am a boy.

Things are on the up and up. I also have my first water polo match next Wednesday Sept. 9th if anyone is interested in coming to check that out. Besides that, I hope I'll see some friendly faces at the show and if it is anymore incentive, there is a free open bar the entire time. I really want to try to finish the case of absinthe and 8 cases of Anchor Steam. It will be a glorious shitshow.

Ana and Katy helping set up

Who is that hairy, hobbit looking pollack? I dare say, it could be Mario.

ZOMBIE HORDE FTW

Evi's Installation.

Get excited mother fuckers.



No comments:

Post a Comment